Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Wonder When You'll Miss Me

by Amanda Davis.

Quickie recap: Faith is 16 when some horrific events lead to a suicide attempt. Having survived it, she spends the next several months in a mental health institution instead of high school, and when she finally gets out, she finds her reception isn't quite what she thought it would be. So, she basically runs away to the circus.

Quickie review: It's a little bit brilliant, actually. Certainly brilliant enough for me to forgive the ending, which I found to be a tad abrupt. But otherwise I really enjoyed it. I thought the characters were clever, and the protagonist was someone I could actually believe in. Even the circus freaks seemed realistic, and bit by bit their world just sucks you in. Perhaps the reason I found the ending too abrupt was simply that I didn't want it to end.

Quickie recommendation: It was a good read.

No comments: