Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tales From Outer Suburbia




Quickie Recap: I have no earthly idea how to describe this book! It looks like a children's tale if you judge it by the cover, but please don't. Although it does contain what may be called tales inside its pages, this is no ordinary book, it has a darker edge and a more sophisticated feel.


Quickie Review: To be honest, I had to read this a few times before I could get to the place where I might say I liked it. But now I really like it. I've felt the same way about really dark indie films too: it's such a departure from the norm that your first response is confusion, but a couple of days later you're still thinking about. So you see it again, and you're blown away by how good it is, and how different. I'm a big fan of different, and I think I can safely say that I am a big fan of Tan.


Quickie Recommendation: Oh yeah.

No comments: