Monday, September 10, 2007

The Book of Stanley



Quickie recap: Stanley is dying of cancer until suddenly, he isn't. He's cured. And that's not the weirdest thing that's happening, things so unnatural you might even start up a religion based upon them....

Quickie review: MMm social satire. While Buckley plays the clown a bit with his satire, Babiak is a straight man in comparison, but holy cow, he's razor sharp. I wrote recently that my book karma was sparkling, and this book definitely fell into that category. I was blown away by Babiak, who was unknown to me before I picked up Stanley, and now I'd consider myself a devotee. I almost wish I could keep it to myself for self-satisfied savouring, but I won't, I'll tell you about it so you can pick up a copy and see for yourself the rising star that is Todd Babiak.


Quickie recommendation: Keep your eye on Todd.


Quickie redux: check out the Book Lounge for more about this author and others!



No comments: